Special Needs Middle School Students design and construct a ceramic mural to demonstrate their knowledge of polygons and the use of a protractor.
Arts Every Day has as its mission to strengthen learning by making arts education and cultural experiences an integral part of the education of all Baltimore City School students, with an emphasis on middle grades, through the facilitation of collaborations among the arts, educational, cultural, and leadership communities.
Learn more about Arts Every Day by visiting the History and Board of Directors pages.
What We Believe
Arts Every Day believes that a complete education includes a combination of arts learning, arts experiences and arts integration. It is the role of Arts Every Day to help facilitate connections between the arts and learning for every student every day.
Educational programs integrating Baltimore’s arts and cultural resources will provide urban middle grades students with a more effective way of engaging in the learning process. Arts Every Day believes strongly that arts integration is only possible with the presence of highly skilled certified arts teachers in every school.
- Ensuring equitable access to community arts and cultural resources for all Baltimore City Public School System students.
- Facilitating the development of a high-quality arts education and integration program for all Baltimore City Public School System middle grade students.
- Improving arts integrated learning in schools by forming strong collaborations between arts teachers and non-arts teachers in schools as well as developing partnerships between schools and the arts and cultural organizations of the region.
- Providing and/or facilitating professional development strategies around arts integration for community artists, in-school arts specialists, non-arts teachers, arts specialists, principals, and central administrators.
- Encouraging advocacy by forming strong collaborations with parents and other key community and in-school groups that create the policy context for arts integration, thereby creating a sustainable, high-quality arts education program.