Dear Friends and Partners,
As you all know, Dr. Karen Salmon, superintendent for the Maryland State Department of Education announced that yesterday that all schools in the State of Maryland will be closed until March 27, 2020 to limit the spread of COVID-19/coronavirus.
Arts Every Day continues to monitor the actions taken by our state leaders as well as the recommendations of health experts to keep our staff, arts partners, and school partners safe. We advise that you check the City Schools and MSDE websites for updates regarding state and local school policies and the Centers for Disease Control for the latest news from health experts.
Here is a list of resources for artists, teachers, and students to utilize this time:
|For Freelance Artists:|
COVID-19 & Freelance Artists Resource List– also includes resources for teaching, advocacy, and mental health support
For Arts Organizations:
- The emergency preparedness service ArtsReady has assembled resources related to Coronavirus specific to arts organizations and continues to update them
- The American Alliance of Museums has shared comprehensive guidelines and resources specific to museums
- Alliance of Artists Communities, “COVID-19 Preparedness for Residencies”
- Association of Performing Arts Professionals’ list of resources, including an updated list of webinars
- “Ways of Gathering in the Age of COVID-19: A Guide to Livestreaming on HowlRound TV”
- “COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and Arts Funding: Update and action items” from Grantmakers in the Arts
- Springboard for the Arts, “Principles for Ethical Cancellation”
- A Comprehensive List of Tips, Tools, and Examples for Event Organizers During the Coronavirus Outbreak
- Americans for the Arts COVID-19 Resource and Response Center
- Action Alert from TGC & Performing Arts Alliance
- Vox.com is soliciting stories! Google form here
- Local advocacy example
- Maryland Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts
- Supporting Artists with Families in our COVID-19 Plans (Parent Artist Advocacy League)
- Navigating Unemployment for Theatre Artists (Erin Swank)
Our staff will be working remotely over the next 2 weeks but will be monitoring email and phone messages during the regular business hours of 9-5pm, Monday through Friday.
Baltimore Arts Education Initiative Manager: Becca Belleville
Communications Coordinator: Betty Gonzales
Schools Program Manager: Angela Marroy Boerger
Executive Director: Julia Di Bussolo
Office Phone: 410-685-1172
Arts Every Day will be sharing updates and resources through our website and social media channels so be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
On behalf of the entire Arts Every Day family, thank you for being an arts advocate.
Julia Di Bussolo, Executive Director