Project Overview: Organized by Arts Every Day, the Baltimore Arts Passport is a printed booklet exploring Baltimore-based arts organizations through a variety of visuals, prompts and activities to keep students reading, writing, and creating all summer long. Students will ‘travel’ to arts organizations, experience a glimpse of each institution, reflect on and creatively respond through writing, drawing, making, dancing or acting. The booklets will be accompanied by an art supply kit. Evaluation of this project will be led by the Johns Hopkins University Arts + Mind Lab. This project is being piloted as a collaborative effort by 22 artists and organizations with hopes of replicating in the future.
- Booklet: 28-page booklet containing do-at-home projects, engaging activities and creative reflections to support social and emotional learning. Available in English and Spanish!
- Art Supply Kit: colored pencils, watercolor, sketchbook, glue, pencil, pencil sharpener
- 10,000 students served over the course of Summer 2020 $10/per student.
- Fundraising goal: $100,000
- Provide families with a tool for keeping students engaged in creative play, critical thinking and exploration.
- Support the social and emotional needs of students by providing an creative outlet for self expression and reflection.
- Develop a sustainable model for arts and cultural organizations to collaboratively support and connect with Baltimore City students during the summer months.
- Access Art
- Asylee Women Enterprises
- Baltimore Hunger Project
- Baltimore Office of Promotion and Arts @ the JFX Farmer’s Market
- Be a Chef for the Day
- Creative Alliance
- Enoch Pratt Free Library
- Esperanza Center
- Heart’s Place Services
- House of Ruth
- Lakeland Community and STEAM Center
- No Boundaries Coalition
- Northwest Wellness Project
- Park Heights Renaissance
- Paul’s Place
- Ruth Kirk Recreation Center
- Youth Resiliency Institute
Interested in becoming a distribution partner? Email Info@artseveryday.org
Art with a Heart
Arts Education in Maryland Schools
Baltimore Museum of Art
Enoch Pratt Free Library System
Greater Baltimore History Alliance
International Arts + Mind Lab, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
Lakeland Community and STEAM Center
Leaders of Tomorrow Youth Center (LTYC)
The Modell Performing Arts Center at the Lyric
Port Discovery Children’s Museum
Reginald F. Lewis Museum
The Walters Art Museum