The Schools Program Model for Partnership
The Arts Every Day Schools Program is a three-stage model designed in partnership with Baltimore City Public Schools for school communities committed to growing a schoolwide Arts Integration Initiative. Arts Every Day provides Partner Schools with professional development, a framework of progress – known as the Stages Guide – for building its own unique school wide Arts Integration Initiative, as well as funding for arts programming to support classroom instruction.
In order to qualify for the Arts Every Day Schools Program, a school must:
- Be a Baltimore City Public School
- Maintain at least a .5 arts teacher (in any discipline) on school staff
- Apply within the designated application time frame
Each school must demonstrate:
- Knowledge of and/or interest in arts integration as a school wide initiative
- Administrative support for the AED Schools Program
- Potential for staff support of Arts Integration
Applications are available mid March for partnership the following school year.
- Schools complete and submit the application
- Applicant schools are required to schedule and complete an interview before June with Arts Every Day in order to be considered for partnership
- Notification of acceptance occurs between June and July
- Schools accepted into the program will be invited to the Summer Arts Integration Institute held in early August
Partner schools are selected based on the following criteria:
- Strength of the written application
- Demonstration of principal support for school wide arts integration initiative
- Demonstration of teacher buy-in and interest in arts integration
- Financial Need
- Geographic region
If you have questions about partnership, please email Carla Blackwell, Schools and Partnerships Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our offices at 410.685.1172.