As the essential link between City Schools and the arts and cultural community in Baltimore City, Arts Every Day provides consulting services to artists and organizations looking to:
Develop and expand relationships with City Schools staff, faculty and students
Develop and implement arts integrated curriculum
Develop and implement professional development for arts and/or non-arts faculty.
School Partnerships and Relationships
Relationship building with City Schools administrators and faculty can take a long time. Having been a key City Schools partner for ten years, Arts Every Day offers consulting services to serve as a coordinator with schools to supports your arts and cultural program. Based on the project, we can offer a selection or all of the following:*
- Identify and introduce potential partners – individual schools, teachers or key administrative departments.
- Recruit and set up appropriate relationships between the artist/organization and the identified City Schools partners.
- Coordinate between City Schools partner(s) and the program.
- Observe and evaluate in school programming based on artist/organization’s requests.
Curriculum Development and Professional Development
Arts Every Day has extensive experience with arts integration curriculum development and professional development for arts and non-arts faculty in arts education and arts integration. Based on your needs, we can offer a selection or all of the following:*
- Develop arts integrated curriculum based on your art discipline.
- Align curriculum with Maryland Career and College Readiness (Literacy, Math) and Maryland State Curriculum (Social Studies, Science)
- Edit and revise existing lesson plans for teachers’ ease of use (formatting to language that is easy to implement in the classroom).
- Edit Study Guide documents to address curriculum standards or developmental age.
- Develop professional development curriculum based on your art discipline.
- Support co-planning between teaching artist and teacher.
- Observation or reflection of teaching artists or co-facilitations.
We also offer the following workshops for teaching artists and/or organizational staff:
- How to implement effective professional development experiences for educators
- How to co-plan and co-facilitate with educators
- How to be an effective facilitators and educators in the school day classroom
If you are interested in consulting services please email email@example.com or call our offices at 410.685.1172.
*All interested parties receive a free 45-minute consult.