Arts Every Day Schools Program
Through the Arts Every Day Schools Program, Arts Every Day works to overcome barriers of equity and access by partnering with school educators and administrators over the long-term to build school-wide Arts Integration Initiatives that inspire and engage both students and teachers. Partner schools identify a teacher to serve as the Arts Integration Coach and initiative leader. AED provides a three-stage model and framework of progress to train and empower teachers to integrate meaningful arts experiences with curricular objectives in their classrooms.
This is done through:
- Targeted Professional Development to increase teachers and administrators comfort level and knowledge of Arts Integration (AI) instruction and assessment strategies
- Ongoing Individualized School Support by the Schools Program Manager to support AI Coaches as they work with staff on school wide AI Initiatives
- Providing Monetary Investment and Incentive for schools to enhance student academic learning through arts and cultural programming
- 4. Promoting Arts and Cultural Partnerships between schools and the arts and cultural community of the greater Baltimore region
Arts Every Day funds ensure access to programs including artist residencies, workshops, and trips to local museums and institutions across Baltimore City. Professional development and individualized school support help teachers integrate the arts into classroom instruction. Most importantly, we partner with schools over the long-term to inspire lasting change in teaching and learning in and through the arts, which serves to deepen student engagement and promote authentic learning.
Classification: Full-time, 40 hours a week / occasional nights and weekends
Reports to: Executive Director
Ideal Start Date: December 16, 2019
The Schools and Partnerships Manager oversees all partnerships with schools, teaching artists, arts and cultural organizations. The Manager also supervises and supports a team of teaching artists delivering professional development to partner schools. Using the Arts Every Day website as a vehicle for communication, outreach, and partnership, the Manager will maintain current relationships with schools and identify new relationships with artists and organizations citywide.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage and facilitate the Schools Program application, interview process, and annual school meetings
Guide and advise Arts Integration Coaches on program implementation and compliance through regular email communications and school site visits
Facilitate/assist Coaches in developing a Goals Plan and Funding Plan
Manage each partner school’s implementation using the Salesforce Database and WordPress- school online accounts, use of funding, program selection, school contact information, etc.
Oversee program compliance, guidelines and procedures including the creation of forms, website support and deadline reminders;
Provide technical support around school online accounts, program booking needs
Assist with coordinating the annual Student Arts Integration Exhibition
Manage the implementation of Special Projects (Impact Fund, Music Ed Remix, etc.)
Professional Development Team
- Conduct monthly check-ins with each Teaching Artist
- Conduct whole-team meeting at least once during the program year
- Support scheduling of PD sessions, evaluations, PD related documentation, etc.
- Oversight of invoices and payment to Teaching Artists
Arts and Cultural Partnerships
- Initiate and cultivate relationships with new artists and arts/cultural organizations with an emphasis on building a diverse and culturally relevant roster of Baltimore-based artists
- Cultivate opportunities for partners to connect with City Schools teachers to Baltimore City arts and culture
- Assist Communications and Development Coordinator in the maintenance of Salesforce records
- Document programs and events through photos, video, and social media posts; coordinate with other staff to post to website
- Support grant writing and reporting efforts
- Attend networking and community-based events
- Support communications and event planning
- Assist with administrative duties as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred in relevant field (art, education, social justice) with 3-5 years of education and/or non-profit experience. Previous experience working in schools as an educator or as a teaching artist is highly desirable. Background in database and website management a plus.
Minimum Skills and Attributes:
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and project management skills;
- Possess attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects
- Excellent oral, written, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work well as a member of the AED team
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, MailChimp, EventBrite and Salesforce;
Please send a cover letter and resume with the subject line “Schools and Partnerships Manager Candidate” to email@example.com.
Deadline: Applications received by November 1, 2019 will be prioritized. Contact: Julia DiBussolo, Executive Director | 410-685-1172 |